The Winery Running Festival will be staged on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 July 2016 from Hunter Valley Gardens Village at Pokolbin in the Hunter Valley.
The main races are on Sunday 24 July and include the Ultra Marathon, Winery Marathon, Half Marathon, 10.3km Vineyard Run, 5.2km Winery Wander and 2km Kids Marathon. Competitors can run or walk any event and enjoy the convenience of the start and finish lines in the same area, as well as sport and local produce expo and family entertainment on offer. Enjoy running past world famous vineyards and resorts in one of Australia’s best holiday locations.
The Vintry, in De Beyers Road Pokolbin is just 400 metres from the race route as runners leave Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard and head east along De Beyers Road. Located just 5 minutes drive from the start line, The Vintry is a great place to stay for runners and their supporters.
Here is why you should enter:
- Minibreak time. This event is the perfect excuse to head up the beautiful Hunter Valley for a weekend away with friends or family.
- Award-winning restaurants. Whether you are there for the weekend or just the day, take your pick of fine dining eateries for a pre-event meal or post-race brunch.
- World-famous vineyards. The Hunter Valley is home to world-renowned wines and most of the festival’s running events have the privilege of traversing through the Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard.
- Luxurious accommodation. The Vintry is Hunter Valley Wine Country’s most awarded Deluxe Accommodation.
- Relaxation. Day spas and golf courses in the area make this the perfect location to unwind before or after your race;
- Hunter Valley Gardens. Nestled at the foot of the Brokenback Ranges and in the centre of the Hunter Valley vineyards are over 60 acres of beautiful display gardens to explore.
- Fitness. The festival offers something for everyone with run/walk distances including 2km for kids, 5km, 10.3km, 21km, 42km and the ultra marathon course of 52.2km.
- Picturesque course. Enjoy crisp, fresh air and serenity as you run or walk through beautiful vineyards and some of Australia’s most beautiful countryside.
- Prizes and giveaways on the day. There will be plenty of vouchers and giveaways post-race.
- Easy access. Worried about getting there and parking? Don’t be. Parking is plentiful and it is an easy walk to the start line.
The Vintry is a stunning architecturally designed Country House, luxuriously appointed with the highest quality furnishings and fittings but with the feel of a traditional bush retreat. A contemporary property with 4 spacious bedrooms includes 1 king size bedroom with hydrotherapy spa bath and 3 queen size bedrooms each with its own ensuite bathroom and private deck for those times when you would like some personal time to relax.
Best Deluxe Accommodation
Hunter & Central Coast Tourism Awards Gold 2009, 2010. Silver 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012.
NSW Tourism Awards Gold 2009. Silver 2012. Finalist 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013.
Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Finalist Best Deluxe Accommodation 2009.